AGIFORS' 61st Annual Symposium will go virtual on September 20 – 23, 2021.
The airline industry is just recovering from the dramatic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. This pandemic has also created an opportunity to bring about changes in business models, planning, operations, and revenue management practices in the industry – all supported by advanced analytics. The AGIFORS Symposium provides a platform for airline experts and decision makers to come together and exchange ideas. At the Symposium, speakers, panelists, keynotes, and attendees will share their recent experiences on how the industry has been responding and recovering from the COVID-19 crisis and share analytical models they developed for their respective stakeholders. These experts come from airlines, air transport associations, universities, industrial research labs, consulting firms, and vendors. Many throughout the airline industry and beyond have expressed interest in learning about the changes, some temporary and some more permanent, which the pandemic has brought about – for example, some learnings from the AGIFORS operations conference held online in 2020, was featured in the February issue of the OR/MS Today magazine (click HERE to read the article).
Some highlights for this year's Symposium
- Free registration for airline and academic members, USD 30 for vendors. Rates apply for AGIFORS Members registering before 17th September 2021. Non-members and registrations after 17th September will incur an additional USD30 fee
- Presentations by the two Anna Valicek student paper competition finalists
- Presentations by the Ken Wang Scholars
- Technical presentations and sponsor presentations
Details can be found on the conference web page.
Call for papers
At this time, we are soliciting a call for presentations across a range of topics including: COVID-19 recovery models and approaches, airline operations, airline strategy, cargo & logistics, crew scheduling, e-commerce, flight planning, maintenance, merchandising and personalization, pricing, revenue management, robust planning, schedule and network planning, traffic uncertainty.
- Key dates for those interested in presenting
· Abstract deadline: August 22, 2021
· Notification of acceptance: August 29, 2021
· Presentation videos deadline: September 10, 2021
For details see HERE and submit your abstract HERE. If you have any questions please contact Lavanya Marla (technical program chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the 61st Annual Web Symposium Conference: